Unfortunately with choosing C# there are a lot fewer tutorials with the language. I did find a few though. After following along with them it got to the point where I thought it was time to make a game. So I started to develop Starship LO1 - Enemy Strike. Well it was called Starship LO1 back then. The game was coming along well until I realised my exams were coming up. So again I had to stop for a while.
After my exams were finished I got back to it. Now that I had nothing else to worry about I basically used to spend the whole day coding. I know it's sad but I enjoy coding, so to me it's like playing football or going to the cinema which many of my friends did. But anyway I'm going off topic. A few things I found to be quite challenging, putting in app purchasing for a start. The amount of time I spent with it was ridiculous. I found my solution in the end though with this plugin. The peeps who've made this plugin are legends it does exactly what I needed and at no cost. The perfect solution. Next I had the problem with screen sizes. Why can't all android devices have the same screen size, I spent ages tweaking GUI for the tablets. Finally I had a bit of difficulty with a separate program that I used to create the ships and stuff. Blender, with this I think it was the fact I knew nothing about modeling. A few good videos on YouTube though and I was good to go. That was pretty much it. Everything else was straight forward.
The final few days were just the usual making the pictures and video for the Google play store. Then I released it yesterday evening before the world cup final. I still think Messi shouldn't have got that award, Thomas Muller was much better throughout the tournament. Anyway, after I released it I noticed this on twitter. I thought that was odd as I made the app compatible with virtually everything. So I went to go and investigate this morning. I checked the developer portal at the google play store and it listed loads of incompatible devices. After I quick google search I'd found that I missed out a line of code in the android manifest. After putting it in. I released the update about an hour ago and now I'm writing this post, waiting for google play to update and talking to a friend on Facebook.
That is pretty much the whole story behind my first unity game. All be it with a bit of off topic content as well. If you would like to download the game. You can get it from here for free. Link to the app.
One final note as well, I've started to create tutorials on YouTube for C# to help out with anyone who wishes to learn C# and unity. If you want to find out more about that, you can take a look here.